News Reports affecting people with disabilities, 2016:
Federal Documents affecting people with disabilities:
- Supreme Court Olmstead Decision
- How states should handle their institutions. 1999.
- Americans with Disabilities Act OF 1990, as amended
- the current text of the Americans with Disabilities Act. amended 2008.
State Documents affecting people with disabilities:
- State Operations Manual Appendix J - Guidance to Surveyors: Intermediate Care Facilities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities - December 6, 2013
- Froberg Law Primer - What is the Froberg law?
- Author and date Unknown.
- Developmental Disability Service System Task Force final Report. - January 9, 2013
- WAC_388-825-091 - Our right in law to have and use RHCs
- Developmental Disabilities in Washington: Increasing Access and Equality
- July 21, 2013 -- Audit report
- The Closure of Frances Haddon Morgan Center: A Quality Assurance Report.
- February 1, 2012
- DSHS Diversion Committee - Requested admissions to RHCs and denials
- 2010 RHC Client Assessment - RHC clients rated by age placement choice and acuity
- How Oregon failed disabled Adults - What happened to people after Fairview closed. -- Author and date Unknown
- DSHS wants to copy Oregon's failed closures - DSHS
- Parsons Order -State Court of Appeals addresses DSHS Secretary's authority over RHCs.
- Roads to Community Living - Washington State’s version of Money Follows the Person Federal Grant.
- The System of Supports for People with Developmental Disabilities Briefing Report - 2010,
- RHC Efficiency Facts - RHCs key in continuum of care.
- Closure Study Response - Counter to Davis-Deshaies Study. Action DD, 1/2010.
- Washington fails to protect - Adults with disabilities loose protection. Disability Rights of Washington.
- RHC Closure FAQs - ADSA provides questions and answers. ADSA, 1/2010.
- Reforming care for DD - Governor Gregoire proposes RHC closure. 2/2010.
- Mortality Rates - Death rates between RHCs and community. DSHS, 2/2010.
- Myth vs Fact - Arc shows myths and facts about RHCs.
- Rainier School Respite - A vision of respite care.
- RHC closure Events - Arc outlines SB 6780 in hand out. The Arc 2/2010
Power Point Slide Shows: (Requires MS Power Point)
- Statement 1 Yakima Valley School - Action DD's Presentation to the legislature. 3/2009.